Forum

: : : Threads > Products >Jupiter Jack - Turn Your Car Radio Into a Quality Handsfree Speakerphone
ray
Online no
State New South Wales
Post 471
Login 12-31 09:31:54
Date: 0000-00-00 00:00:00
Jupiter Jack is an easy to use device that turns your car radio into a hands fee speaker phone. It is easy to use. Simply plug ...Price: $9.98
westoz100
Online no
State
Post 13
Login 08-01 00:02:57
Date: 2011-05-18 02:51:17
Hey Ray... Notice that the unit uses a "button" battery AND has a power LED light... what would the lifetime of the battery be under normal use? I can see instances of where one would forget to turn off the unit (hence, it would be better if the unit was powered by the car battery rather than standalone), and, wouldn't it rip through the battery juice with heavy use, in addition to powering the LED and sending out a continuous TX/RX signal, once turned on, whether or not tuned to one of the two default working frequencies? Button batteries are only known for longevity in low power consumption applications (such as a PC's clock & CMOS or a camera's TTL light meter). On another point, the setup still requires physical input for making/receiving calls, which still makes this unit illegal to use by the driver when vehicle is in motion; at least in Aussie! I'm interested in the item, but I can also see an issue whereby one would be driving along with radio/CD on, receive a call & then have to: hit "tuner" button on head unit (If listening to CD), then hit the preset frequency on the FM band, also hit the FM toggle if listening to AM, THEN hit answer call on the mobile (unless the user has pre-configured the phone to auto answer). A Bluetooth arrangement seems a far better and safer option as everything can be configured to work automatically without all these physical inputs.
pthird
Online no
State
Post 1
Login 04-30 11:11:23
Date: 2011-05-18 21:15:03
There are radio stations across NSW on this frequency. Can the frequency be changed ? Thanks.
ray
Online no
State New South Wales
Post 471
Login 12-31 09:31:54
Date: 2011-05-18 23:48:23
hi pthird, it's either 99.3 FM or 101.3 FM ray
Segofam
Online no
State
Post 2
Login 12-14 15:06:03
Date: 2011-05-20 12:31:41
Paying for a battery as opposed to paying for a fine!!! Frequencies could be an issue...didn't the advert say something about blocking out the music!? The law It is illegal in all Australian states and territories to use a hand-held mobile phone while driving. This includes: * Talking * Texting * Playing games * Taking photos/video * Using any other function on your phone. Using a hand held mobile phone is also illegal when your vehicle is stationary but not parked e.g. when you’re stopped at traffic lights. Drivers who break this law in Victoria face an on-the-spot fine and incur three demerit points. Learner and P1 drivers are not permitted to use a hand-held or hands-free mobile phone while driving. Note the Hand-held part! With a Bluetooth, you still have to touch a button!! Touching the car radio to receive a call by hitting the tuner...!!! People, this device is an option, I think it's a good one. However, having been in the Transport industry for 25 years, it is safest when there is nothing in the car to distract you period. Just giving some food for thought!
Segofam
Online no
State
Post 2
Login 12-14 15:06:03
Date: 2011-05-20 12:41:57
I added this as I could hear people thinking about it! You can make and receive phone calls... Mobile phones Using a mobile phone while driving is prohibited, except to make or receive a phone call or to use its audio/music functions provided the phone: * is secured in a commercially designed holder fixed to the vehicle, or * can be operated by the driver without touching any part of the phone, and is not resting on any part of the driver's body. Using a phone as a navigational device/GPS while driving is prohibited unless it is secured in a commercially designed holder fixed to the vehicle. All other functions (including video calls, texting and emailing) are prohibited. Learner and P1 drivers Learner and P1 drivers, are prohibited from using a mobile phone at all while driving.
1/**/and/**/7=7
Online no
State
Post 113
Login 02-26 08:14:56
Date: 2012-02-26 08:25:30
!S!WCRTESTTEXTAREA000000!E!

Post your Comment:

Comment :*

Hint: please make sure you have logged in to post new comment. (Sign in or register under My account! )